Posted: 25 January, 2019
Organization: Clement Ashley Consulting Recruiting
Salary: 960000 NGN/year
Job Ref: PCAAT 001
Our client a professional practice firm seeking to recruit a Profit Centre Manager and Practice Accountant. The incumbent will provide professional financial advice to fee-paying clients who could be private individuals, small businesses, state and local governments through to international or public sector organisations. The Profit Centre Manager and Practice Accountant will play a strategic role in reviewing information and making recommendations based on this – ultimately aiming to maximise profitability on behalf of client's and the firm
Typical responsibilities of the successful candidate will involve: financial reporting, accounting systems and processes, taxation, auditing, corporate finance, business recovery and insolvency.
We are looking for an individual who understands holistic concepts, meanings, options and the strategies to achieve objectives while managing risk.
Role, duties and responsibilities
The successful candidate will be expected to perform any or all of the following tasks:
- Sourcing business in the areas of Accounting, Taxation and Auditing
- Providing financial advice
- Management of financial systems and budgets
- Undertaking financial and statutory audits
- Complete VAT Returns
- Advising on tax planning
- Conduct tax audits
- Performing tests to check financial information and systems
- Maintaining records, preparing accounts and management information
- Advising on business transactions, such as mergers and acquisitions
- Advising clients on areas of business improvement, or dealing with insolvency
- Detecting and preventing fraud (forensic accounting)
- Managing junior colleagues and trainees
- Training others on accountancy, audit, taxation and CISA certification
- Ability to undertake personal and corporate tax work
- Audit experience of at least three years
- Ability to process payrolls
- Good working knowledge of Word, Excel and Outlook as well as accounting and accounts preparation software such as Sage, Peachtree and quckbooks
- Computer literate and Familiarity with electronic audit working papers.
- Good Poise, eloquence and great communication skills.
B.Sc or HND in Accountancy, Membership of ICAN (ACA) membership of CITN and CISA certification mandatory. Possession of ICAN compliance certificate would be an added advantage. Possession of PMP cerification of the Project Management Institute (PMI) would be an added advantage.
Remuneration and Benefits
Salary is negotiable and includes profit sharing of centre profits between 10%-40% based on negotiation. Benefits include managerial training, locally and abroad.
Method of Application
Please send a soft copy of (1) your appplication (2) your CV and (3) your plan of action for the position by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job reference in the subject bar of your email.
Requirements: Follow all instructions in the auto reply that you will receive when you apply.